NATIONAL SERVICE TEAM FOR SCCs (NST)
Following the YKJ 2000 Jubilee Celebration in Bangalore, a single follow-up agenda was made Promotion of SCCs. A Jubilee Follow-Up Committee was set up with Bishop Thomas Dabre as its Chairman, Archbishop Susa Pakiam, Bishop Bosco Penha and Bishop Stanley Roman as its members and Fr. Paul Puthenangady SDB as its secretary. The co-opted members were Sr. Christin Joseph, Fr. Arthur Pereira, Fr. Varghese Pullan, Mr. Elvin Colaco, Fr. Thomas Vijay and Gordon Morris.
This body used to meet twice a year to plan and report on various activities undertaken. In 2004 YKJ Follow-Up committee was re-named National Service Team for SCCs under the auspices of the CBCI. In 2009, the National meeting held here at PAC made the Vision-Mission Statement of NST as follows.
The NST is like a think tank (core group) which reflects, plans and co-ordinates the SCC building task in the country. The main body though which they act is the National council for SCCs (NCSCCs) which consists of members from all the 13 ecclesiastical regions. The NCSCCs comprises of a chairman bishop of the region, a regional secretary and one lay person from each region.
The first meeting of the NCSCCs was held in Pune in March 2011. The second NCSCCs was held in Calcutta in March 2012.
Till date most regions have formed a regional service team (RST- in the tune of NST) and regional council for SCCs (RCSCCs- in the tune of NCSCCs).
A National Resource Team (RRT) is constituted consisting of priest, religious and lay men and women to take care of matters related to the formation for SCCs. Some regions have set up also set up Regional resource teams (RRT) & diocesan resource team (DRT).Under the umbrella of NST a special cell ie National Media desk for SCCs is set up to take care of the matters related to communication and promotion of SCCs in the country.
THE IMPORTANCE OF NST/NCSCCs?RST/RCSCCs
* Providing a stable organizational network from national level to the last SCC
* They make SCC building and animation a truly communion ecclesiology model
* Truly participatory in nature (from top to down)
* Collectively plan for stage by stage development of the all SCCs in a systematic way
ASK OF NRT/RRT/DRT
The NRT/RRT/DRT make sure that
* Formation is systematic, continuous and contextual (top to down)
* Review formation programs and provide proper formation materials
* Translation, adaptation of formation materials
TASK OF SCC MEDIA DESK
* Helps us to use modern media techniques appropriately in our own levels
* Collect information and Communicate SCC news and activities effectively
* Provide music, video, PP Presentations, etc.
* Regular reporting